Sunday, August 14, 2011

...and the livin's easy

I've definitely been a slacker this summer when it comes to blogging. Come to think of it, I've been a slacker when it comes to a lot of things this summer, but that's what summer is for, right? So let me take you on a quick road trip through what we've been up to lately. Buckle up, roll down the windows and enjoy the summer breeze...
Trips to the library. The kids love it, but Ryken is very quick and thorough when it comes to de-shelving books.
Big Spoon frozen yogurt does dollar Wednesdays, so that was a popular destination for us. We'd play on the trail outside and here's Ryken sporting his semi-dweeby but oh-so-cute shorts.
Faces painted at a friend's birthday party.
Of course swimming in the kiddie pool!
Lazy, cartoon-filled mornings.

Swim lessons with our friends Courtney and Aubry and awesome instructor MacKenzie!
Galla did a week of daytime dance camp and loved it. The video of her doing her "gummy bear" dance is the best!


Lake camping with friends for Jack's birthday party. The mama, Ali, is the phenomenal photographer that took these pictures and our most recent family pictures. She also throws a heck of a party!

After our previous failed attempt, we finally made it to Marine World and had a super fun day. Can my girls be any cuter?! I love being with my little family.
Rocking out at our stake Pioneer Day celebration. It may look like Finn is falling down or trying to get off the stage, but this is actually him busting a move. He has got some serious dance skillz and his air guitar is the best I've ever seen.
Galla very much enjoys making "crafts" (I wonder where she gets that?). This is her homemade bird's nest. Very Upper East Side!
And their most recent obsession, Sally the lizard. I actually caught this little critter in our backyard and she is super cute. Galla has made her box up very nicely (you saw what she did for that fake bird) but I might need to help her "escape" in the night for some sustenance.

I have to admit, my blog title isn't completely accurate. Ryken has been a handful of rascally cuteness and there's not much that's easy about taking care of these 4 little kids, but I love them so much and I'm so blessed to be their mama.

Summer has been in full-swing...until tomorrow....

No comments: