Tuesday, May 10, 2011

first birthday fiesta


Mr. Cinco de Mayo turned one (What?! I know, how did that happen?) and we celebrated in style! We threw the biggest party we've ever done complete with:
a chili pepper pinata and a bounce house...
...dancing with Mimi...
...a taco bar completely home-cooked by Brad. It was sooo tastey and we had way more than enough of everything! We will be eating leftovers here for weeks and I don't mind because it is so yummy...
...a chocolate fountain and a Cookie Monster cake by mom.
I chose Cookie Monster not necessarily because Ryken loves the character, but because the way Ryken eats reminds me of him. He's always shoving food in his mouth and making a lot of noise in the process--it's so funny! Also, Brad's mom made him a Cookie Monster cake for one of his birthdays when he was very young.
Here's my little monster eating his cake! Look at that cute face!
Seriously, take a closer look! My little boy is so sweet and I couldn't love him more. Ryken is definitely the most cuddly of my kids and I love to snuggle with him. He is so playful and loves when I crawl after him and chase him and grab his feet.
Ryken is also a good sharer! I think he wasn't crazy about the coconut in the frosting because he kept trying to pull it out of his mouth.
Thank you to everyone who helped us celebrate our little man's birthday! Especially my parents and sister and her fiance and Brad's parents and Ryan and Stephanie and kids! Brad's family came up early to help us get ready and we had such a fun afternoon hanging out. Stephanie is like 36 weeks pregnant and made the trip up from SoCal and we're so glad they did! It was great to see Ryan and Steph and have the cousins play.
They so love each other--Steph, I'm excited for your new little girl to join the cousin clan!

Happy birthday baby boy. Now don't get any older!!

4 comments:

Pieces of me... said...

Oh Maylin I LOVE your cakes!!! And I can't believe he's one already! What a party!

Molly Houx said...

Thanks for posting this. I wanted to be there super bad! I'm glad it was a great day

Unknown said...

the cake is awesome! And Happy Birthday Ryken! He is a cutie! I don't think I've ever had a birthday party that big, what fun!!

Emily said...

did you make that 1 uno shirt? It's awesome. I can't believe your baby is 1. Warren is already 8 months!!!