Wednesday, September 2, 2009

puh-puh-preschool

I have three crazy kids on my heels all day and finally I get to pawn one off at preschool for a few hours a week! Galla started a MWF morning class on Monday and we got her psyched by keeping a "puh-puh-P" theme all day since "puh-puh-P is for preschool." I'll spare you the written "puh-puh" pronunciation throughout the post, but know that we were emphasizing it all day! We started the morning with pancakes, then dressed her in purple and pink (not that that is anything out of the ordinary) complete with purple and pink painted nails and pig-tails in her hair. I packed her popcorn for her snack and dropped her off for her big day. I wasn't sure how I'd react to leaving my baby at school and I got a tiny bit choked up as I walked out of the building, but once I got back in the car I could feel nothing but excitement for her. I know she will thrive in the environment!

When I picked her up she was perky and told me all about how much fun she had and the new friends she made and how the boys weren't listening to the teacher but she was listening to the teacher. For lunch we had peanut butter sandwiches and during naptime for Paisley and Finn she got to watch a princess movie. After naps we had pretzels for a snack then went to the dollar store to pick a prize*. For dinner it was pizza pockets, then we went swimming at the pool and had peach cobbler for dessert. Come to think of it, it was a pretty typical day, but fun nonetheless to make a P-party of it all. I think she now knows what letter preschool starts with and what sound it makes!

Now we just need to keep her excited about school for the next 18 years or so....
This is at orientation last week.
She loves the doll house.

6 comments:

Pieces of me... said...

LOL... it's so true about trying to keep that energy and excitement about school for the next 18 yrs! She is such a cutie Maylin! I love the "p" theme, what a fun mom!

Robin said...

OK... Galla Girl is growing up soooooooooooooooooooooooo fast!!! She is all smiles these days... wow pow, such an exciting life. Full of puh-puh Fun! Mimi loves your Galla!

Mikey, Randi, and Gracie said...

May, I want to be you when I grow up. You're the best mom ever.

Kristy said...

Maylin...you are so clever...loved the puh,puh,"p" day!!! You are an awesome mommy! Love you and those adorable kids and that handsome husband of yours!!

Dani said...

What a great idea! I'll have to remember that for next year. Hmmmm... I can't think of a good color for Carter that starts with p... maybe he'll have to wear puh-puh plaid.

The Prigmore Family said...

will you be my mother? puh puh please?