Thursday, March 12, 2009

That's What Friends are "Four"

Galla turned 4 on Sunday and on Saturday she had her birthday party. It was the first "drop your kids off for 2 hours" party we have thrown and it was so fun! It was "Kitty Hello" themed (as Galla says). We invited the girls in her primary class and they are so sweet. They all were so good and had such a fun time.They colored giant Hello Kitty pictures and we played "pin the bow on Hello Kitty."They decorated cookies and we played some more games.They played in the bubble machine. This thing is awesome! I would highly recommend it, especially if blowing bubbles makes you light headed after 5 minutes like it does for me. There were TONS of bubbles and the girls thought it was magical to dance in them. Just look how happy Gal looks here!

I remember my friend, Michelle, talking about when her daughter, Bailey, turned four and how she totally like grew up over night--now I know what she was talking about! Galla is such a big girl and is becoming amazingly mature. She is so well-behaved and sweet and my little friend. Galla is packed with personality and she's so fun/observant/smart and I'm so proud of her. It's crazy to think about how far we've come since the 32 hours of labor that brought her to us 4 years ago. I love you Gal-friend!

9 comments:

Dani said...

I cannot believe she's FOUR!!! She is so grown up. The party looks/sounded like a hit! What fun! Tell Gal "Happy Birthday" from Carter and Andi. We miss her!

Jessie said...

wow, 4 eh!! Galla is so special and so smart! I'm looking forward to Sophia growing up over night! lol
happy birthday!

snbjork said...

Happy Birthday, Galla!!! I had totally forgotten that she and Barry have the same birthday (he turned 30...he's growing up so fast!). =) I'm glad she had such a fun party. You're such an awesome, fun Mommy!

Claire said...

Happy B-Day Galla!!! P.S. What a cute cake! Mad decorating skills.

Miche said...

Happy Birthday Galla! What a cutie! When are you going to start a cake business Maylin? You are amazing! Time goes way too fast! I can hardly remember Baylie being 4. Now she is chasing boys around at parties. Scary! Miss you guys!

Trujillo family said...

Happy B-lated birthday Galla! It's crazy to think that one day we will get to that stage of a 'drop-off' party! It looks like tons of fun and awesome job on the cake!

Jonny said...

Sam's reading this with me and she said she wants a Hello Kitty cake for her birthday. Thanks for giving us a theme! We'll see if she remembers. Where did you get that bubble machine???

Camille said...

Maylin - all of your birthday cakes are great! You know how one click leads to another and I'm pretty sure I just searched your blog archives for all the birthdays I could find.

Congratulations on moving to a house in California. It really does sound like a dream to this condo dweller who has settled in PROVO!

Also, last thing - Brad was in chiropractic school in Oregon, right? My brother-in-law is going to start there in the falling (I'm assuming it's the same one) and I guess I just wanted to ask about the school, the area, the church, and life there. bootstothemoon@gmail.com if there's anything you feel like sharing.

Thanks!

PS You look great and are one of my roll models for post plural babies shape!

The Prigmore Family said...

Impressive. From one cake decorator to another. Loving the perfect jelly bean placement as well as the bow. Do I detect fruit roll up? Way to think outside the box maylin. You are the raddest mother ever. boo-yaw!