Well, Brad has officially informed me that my pictures are permanently lost (and the videos, which makes me very sad because I had one particularly endearing one of Finn taking some of his first steps). He can't explain it. The thingamajig came in the mail and it was supposed to revive them and he even had his very kind and computer smart friend, Steve, helping him. So I've been sad and also not able to sneak much computer time in since both our laptop and our desktop have been under construction by Brad. But, on the bright side, it really could've been much worse. It was only our pictures since July and we had ordered a bunch so we have those and the select few that I've blogged. So we'll just let this be a lesson to us and all of my blog readers--back 'em up! Also, I do have some pictures from Finn's birthday and the Christmas Ball that were still on our camera, so I'll get to that. In the meantime, how about some holiday cheer with a Christmas tag from Dani!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? A well-wrapped gift is almost as fun wrapped as it is unwrapped! Brown paper packages tied up with string...or colorful packages tied up with ribbons. A festive wrap job really makes the present. And when there is also some kind of fun ornament or trinket attached it is extra special!
2. Tree--real or artificial? For sure real. You can't beat that fresh pine smell. But I have to admit that our tree this year, while it's definitely real, is only about 18" tall and is on top of our fridge. I just didn't want to be on constant tree-duty with the kids. As for the scent, my "The Perfect Christmas" oil for my oil warmer from Bath and Body Works smells pretty good.
3. When do you put your Christmas tree up? Whenever we get a chance, but sooner than later.
4. When do you take the tree down? A few days later. This year our little tree will go out on our porch because it's actually in a pot and Brad wants to keep it and eventually plant it at our house when we buy one. We'll see if it makes the big move to CA in a year.
5. Like egg nog? Love it. A must-have treat for the holiday season!
6. Do you have a nativity scene? I LOVE our nativity scene! Brad's mom gave it to us a few years ago. It is the Willow Tree by Susan Lordi set and it is beautiful.
7. Favorite gift received as a child? A stuffed elephant that seemed as big as I was (when I was, like, 4). I don't know if it was really my favorite, but it seems to be my most memorable at the moment.
8. Hardest person to buy for? I'm going to have to go with Dani and say...Jefferson. No, just kidding! I mean my husband, Brad! He's picky and particular and I always want it to be so perfect. But I have pulled some pretty great gifts...ask him about his leather jacket and his kayak!
9. Easiest person to buy for? Again, I'm with Dani, our young kids. Finn doesn't know what's going on and for Galla, can we say "princess?"
10. Worst Christmas gift? Ok, there are a lot of questions here and I really can't think of one for this, so I skip.
11. Mail or email a Christmas card? Anyone who knows me knows how much I love mail. But I can't judge because we're not getting one out the old fashioned way this year.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Elf. That movie is hilarious.
13. When do you start your shopping? It's never too early to purchase the perfect present.
14. Have you ever re-gifted a Christmas present? Not that I recall.
15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? Christmas quiche!! And fudge. And mine and Amy's all-night almond toffee. So much food, so little pant space....
16. Clear or colored tree lights? Colors!
17. Favorite Christmas songs? Must I list them all? It's really getting late.
18. Travel during Christmas or stay home? Since Brad and I have been married we've always done our own thing, but this year we're hitting both fams. I'm sure you'll get the report in January.
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Who doesn't know the song?
20. Angel or star on top of the tree? I've got a thing for stars all year round.
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Pajamas in the eve and the rest in the morning...no matter how much we begged!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? How quickly it's over!
Ok, I would like to tag the following people if they feel like participating: Natalie, Randi, and Amber. Merry Christmas!!
More Spring Fun
4 days ago